Friday, September 25, 2020

 And I want all the flavors.

How is something so bad for you, so damn good ? 

And I am mostly dairy-free, gluten-free, caffeine-free

Except for some times

which is most of the times, it seems

I will spend all my money on Starbuck's and fast food drive-thrus this week- what a shame, smh

I wish that there were only choices available that were healthy for us

This free will ordeal is too complicated

I am often weak in spirit and need something, anything to spike my state of being up and up. 

Through greasy fries, tangy ranch and the unique taste of coffee that sends me to a time where I felt most alive

But this time around, I will make sure it's decaf- I don't want to stress my adrenals

With oatmilk please, dairy produces mucus

but just a little ranch with my curly fries and cheese in my taco will be O.K. 

I can't believe I used to eat $.99 Breakfast Jack's with my boyfriend at 19, consistently 

And all those times, I meandered through the drive thru at 2 in the morning after being out and about, never finding what I wanted

but those curly fries with the ranch and those tacos with the sauce and questionable meat filling

they gave me what I wanted, for only the duration of time that I spent with them

Will they haunt me in the coming hours with a bad mood and an overburdened liver ?

Perhaps, but at least I'm not binge drinking, eating mass amounts of taco bell and staying up til 5 AM anymore 

So, I suppose I am doing alright and maybe when I am 40. I'll have this free will thing down and will only make choices that are good for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment