Thursday, February 6, 2020

He told me, don't be like the wilder-beast and just lie in front of the lion like I've been
You are the prize and there is no fun without a little game and chase
He said, there is a difference between agreeing and choosing when finding yourself a mate
& maybe it was just the mushrooms that let you love me like you did
Just maybe it was the gin that made us feel as if there was no separation
No me & you; just us. No me vs. you; just us.
Come down from the World you've created in your head
There is no life in what is already dead
& there is no reality in fantasies
See me for where I am and not just what you need
Temporary relief has always been too shallow for me
Life could never be casual; we've all been in the depths- & just how deep are you willing to dive?
& maybe it was just the mushrooms that let you love me like you did
Just maybe it was the gin that made us feel as if there was no end
You could write a tune but it don't matter none if there is still evil in your heart
with a serpent's tongue, hissing with each breath
So, how about for once we live in our good nature
hold each other close for the better
because if you're bitter,
you haven't forgiven and all that does is breed hatred
& it don't matter a penny to be in two different places
We've both got hearts that beat
We've both got ears to hear
and mouths to speak
So, maybe it was just the mushrooms that let you love me like you did
Just maybe it was the gin that made us feel as if there was no separation
No me & you; just us. No me vs. you; just us.

No comments:

Post a Comment